TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT OUR OCEAN PLANET
10 Easy Solutions to get #ClimateFit
3. Choose solar, wind at home - or community solar. I use this company for my energy bill - www.arcadiapower.com/juli3150
4. Ride a bike & carpool. It’s more fun!
5. Unplug at home, turn off lights, pull plugs from wall. Power down at night including your WIFI.
6. Choose to reuse - bring your own coffee mug, reusable bottle, utensils, bag, to go ware.
7. Refuse single-serving packaging, excess packaging, and other 'disposable' plastics, including straws!
8. Go Zero Waste and implement in your town or school.
9. Do I even need to mention how bad smoking is? Cigarette butts are made of plastic too - with loads of chemicals & toxins.
10. This is the LAST RESORT after reduce and reuse - Recycle. If you must use plastic, try to choose #1 (PETE) or #2 (HDPE), which are the most commonly recycled plastics. Avoid plastic bags and polystyrene foam, lids, clamshells as both typically have very low recycling rates.
Get Active + Become a Leader!
Volunteer at a beach cleanup. Surfrider Foundation Chapters often hold cleanups monthly or more frequently.
Support plastic bag bans, polystyrene foam bans and bottle recycling bills. Go #BANPOLYSTYRENE with 5 Gyres Institute.
Become a Climate Leader in your local community, Climate Reality hosts FREE trainings all over the globe - Climate Reality Leadership Corp
Spread the word. Talk to your family and friends about why it is important to protect our Ocean Planet!